Work for Us
Join the award-winning team at Freedom Treks and Ski Safari
Freedom Treks - Feefo Platinum Service Award 2020, Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award (2018-2020); Ski Safari - UK's Best Ski Tour Operator (SCGB awards, 2014-2020), Best Ski & Winter Sports Holiday Company (British Travel Awards, 2019-2022).
Does poor service annoy you?
You know when you’ve been waiting for ages on the phone to speak to a 'customer service adviser' and when you finally get through what you receive couldn't possibly be described as customer service? Does that grate? Do you think, the world really shouldn’t be like that?
Well so do we, you're in the right place!
We are absolutely passionate about providing first-class customer service and if you are too, we’d love to hear from you. If you also happen to like cycling or cycle touring, or spending time in the fresh air outdoors, then we’d definitely like to hear from you!
Who are Freedom Treks?
We are a UK-based specialist travel company offering leisurely cycling holidays to the most scenic and interesting places in Europe and Asia. We believe there's no better way to explore a new country or city than from the comfort of your saddle, pedalling at a relaxed pace!
What do we do?
We carefully select the very best cycling holidays from our professional partners across Europe and Asia. We do more than just book a holiday; we know the product, we know our customers and we do our utmost to ensure they have a great time. Our regular, repeat customers remind us we do a pretty good job!
Where do we do this?
From our light and airy, modern warehouse offices just a stone’s throw from the beach in central Hove - if you step out of the front door and look right, you can see the sea!
It’s the ideal location for cycling to work, a swim at lunchtime or enjoying some fresh air with a walk along the seafront. There are also some fantastic pubs, cafes and restaurants just up the road, so it’s a great place for a good work-life balance.
But what about you?
We are looking for people who want to provide our customers with real customer service.
It’s easy to do this if you like talking to people, are confident on the phone and have a positive, upbeat attitude.
You might have some knowledge or experience of the travel industry, but that isn’t essential. Experience working in a customer service environment is. Even if that has been a holiday job or a temporary position, it all counts! Some core computer skills and being well-organised with a good eye for detail are also important.
But really it’s about you being the right kind of person, someone who can get stuck in and quickly become a valued member of the team and make a contribution.
That mention of the team is key - we're a small, friendly gang at Freedom Treks, and we definitely work as a team.
A typical day as a Bookkeeper involves:
- Working with the sales and operations teams to ensure all invoices are input correctly into our reservation system
- Assisting with the processing of invoices into Sage accounting software
- Assisting with bank and credit card reconciliations
- Checking bank transfers and log on the reservation system
- Assisting with supplier payments and queries
- Assisting with CAA and ABTA monthly and quarterly returns
- Assisting with year-end audit
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience using Sage Line 50
- Core computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- A good eye for detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Some travel industry experience
The fine print
This is a part-time, office-based, permanent role working 18 hours per week, days and times to be agreed with you. There is a possibility of a term-time contract.
We’re offering a salary of £22,000 to £26,000 (pro rata) per year, depending on your experience and what you can bring to the company, plus a performance-related bonus of up to 10% of salary.
The benefits of working for Freedom Treks & Ski Safari include:
- 20 days annual leave (pro rata), increasing with length of service, plus bank holidays
- An extra day off on your birthday
- A paid volunteering day
- Overseas travel to experience our destinations first-hand
- Discounts on personal overseas travel to our destinations
- Performance-related bonus
- Company pension scheme, increasing with length of service
- Company life insurance and travel insurance schemes
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme and retail discounts
- Interest-free travel season ticket loans
- Regular socials including our annual company weekend
- Office treats including the Friday drinks fridge
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 30 November. Successful applicants will then be invited to attend an interview at our offices, with a view to starting work with us as soon as possible.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE