When you book a package with Ski Safari, trading as Freedom Treks, you have key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018:
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8 % of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. Ski Safari holds an Air Travel Organiser's Licence (ATOL) issued by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no 4488) which provides insolvency protection in respect of flight inclusive packages. Ski Safari also has insolvency protection with the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) for packages which do not include flights arranged by Ski Safari. In the event of the insolvency of Ski Safari, protection is provided by ABTA for the following:
1. non-flight packages and
2. flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EU, which are sold to customers outside of the EU*.
*Please note that flight inclusive packages that commence within the EU but outside of the UK will continue to be covered by ABTA until the renewal of Ski Safari's ATOL number 4488 in October 2020 in accordance with the transition period authorised by the Civil Aviation Authority. ABTA provides cover for a refund in the event that you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the UK are only protected by ABTA when purchased directly with Ski Safari.
Travellers may contact the CAA at Aviation House, Beehive Ringroad, Crawley, RH6 0YR, telephone +44 (0)330 022 1500, www.caa.co.uk, email@example.com or ABTA at 30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ, telephone +44(0)20 3117 0500, www.abta.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and advise you are a customer of an ATOL or ABTA protected travel company if services are denied because of Ski Safari’s insolvency.
- Full details of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 can be found at https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made